Monday, May 7, 2012

Hair fall-out with sewn-in extensions?

Hey there all. I just took my extensions out after about 5 weeks of wearing them. My hair was cornrowed with human hair extensions. After taking them out I ran my hand through my hair and globs of hair came out. Then I showered and more globs came out. I am talking about a total of 3 whopping handfuls (both hands held out). My hair is touchably thinner, and my scalp is a little tingly. Anyone else experience this? What in the world went wrong? I know people who go back to back and get extensions put in like mine all the time with no problems like this.



Hair fall-out with sewn-in extensions?

I am SO sorry to hear that. When wearing conrows your hairs grows more than it usually would without braids. When you take the braids out your hair you have the dead hair that you shed that would usually come out if you were combing and brushing your hair everyday. Then you have to untangle your hair which takes out more hair. Since you kept your braids in for so long, your hair got matted in certain areas, so that takes out even more hair because you can't really comb all of that out without taking your hair out. Another thing is that you left the conrows in your hair for 5 weeks, which was too long. They should have only been in there for no more than 2 weeks, maybe 3, but I wouldn't do 3.



Your hair gets matted not because you are not clean but because of the dust and particles in the air, which is why you should always wrap your hair up at night.



The reason that I know this because I have had a similar experience. Again, sorry for what happened to you.



Hair fall-out with sewn-in extensions?

go to the person who put them in for you. that should not happen.



Hair fall-out with sewn-in extensions?

I am truly sorry. You should sue whoever put your extensions. I've never heard of that ever happening. That person obviously didn't know what she was doing. Start taking prenatal pills to make it grow back.



Hair fall-out with sewn-in extensions?

We loose strands of hair everyday. Being that your hair was cornrowed your dead hair had no where to go, so when you took out the braids it seemed like you lost hair but in actuality it is the dead hair that sheds anyway. Another problems could have been that your braids were done to tight. I'm not a professional so you may want to see one.



Hair fall-out with sewn-in extensions?

Everyday you will naturally shed between 50-75 hairs a day, on an average. If the hair is trapped in a cornrow it can not "fall" and it will come out in the process of removing the cornrow. That should explain most of the hair. There is also the chance that the thread cut through the cornrow and cut some of the hair due to the length and weight of the weave. You also may have caused some of it by the way you combed and worked with your weave. Proper care should of been explained. A good tech would explain all of this to you prior to putting in hair and protect you natural hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment