Monday, May 7, 2012

Hair Extensions Micro Links/Rings?

Hi I want to get hair extensions put in and I was thinking of the Micro Links/Rings method, because I dont want to use chemicals or glue I was wondering if anyone had experience with these types of extensions and if so how was it? I will also proboably be buying off the internet so does anybody have any suggestions in way of brands? I will be using human hair, and will be using the extensions as highlights.



Thank you for your anwnsers.



Hair Extensions Micro Links/Rings?

Listen, I have been getting hair extension for about 3 1/2 years now. I do it for the length not because I'm balding or anything like that. I have been to several different salons to get my hair done and I have spent very close to 7,000 dollars on my hair. I started with getting hair pieces braided in which was horrible because yeah it looked good but it was uncomfortable. Next I started doing the glue and Kera tip version of hair extensions and that was about 1,700 for a full head and I liked that because it was no longer a piece of hair, it was individual bunches which gave it a more natural feel. The fall back to that was even though the glue was keratin, it still damaged my hair and after a couple of weeks it started to matt up in the glue next to my scalp. I did that for a while which required 6 week maintenance, so you can imagine the money I was spending on my hair! Then I decided to research and see what else was out there. I found somebody who does micro-links and hair wefts and decided to try this method even though it was about the same price. I did two full heads and three maintenance appts. with this lady and I felt like everytime I went to her she was always trying to add more unnecessary fees on to the appt. So again I did more research and found the everything I needed as far as tools and hair on-line and even instructions on how to apply micro links. So what the heck right! I bought the micro links set and Remy European Hair for a full head for I guess about 400 dollars, a fraction of what I was spending. So now a friend and myself do my hair extentions and yes it looks just like it would when I came out of the salon. You just have to make sure you buy different lengths to help blend your hair and maybe cut and thin out your own hair a bit to help blend the extentions.If you are doing a different color then your natural, I guess it would be a good idea to take the strand of hair to a salon with you and try to match the color up. I do my own color at home. These extention last depending on how many times and how you style your hair. I straighten and curl my hair daily so mine have lasted about 4-5 weeks before one or two come out when I am combing it. You also need a special brush for extentions that has loops instead of teeth. You can buy special shampoo and conditioner to maintain you extentions also. The great thing about these for me is if one strand falls out I just go into my bathroom and grab a link and pliers and re-apply the extention just like that. and if I feel any slipping I just reapply it. Also to reuse the hair sometimes you have to reglue the ends together so that they will properly fit into the links when you apply them, they sell like a fondu pot of somesort on ebay made just for this where you heat up the glue and just dip in the ends. This is my next planned investment. I don't need an appointment to fix it, it's great. I mean of course you need practice to do this so I suggest you invest in a mannequin head and cheap wig of some sort and practice a couple times just for trial and error.



Out of all the hair extentions methods I have ever tried I would say that these are absolutely the best most low maintenance ones I have every used. I can't say enough good things about them. If you have any more questions or anything don't hesitate to e-mail me. Here is the site where I bought the kit and hair. Good luck.



http://glamourhair.com/extensions/extend...



glamourhair.com



Hair Extensions Micro Links/Rings?

I've been using Fusion, but have been unhappy with them, so next week I'm going to Great Lengths - they're supposed to be less work %26amp; more natural %26amp; priced about the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment