Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Breakage and hair extensions?

without any research I was desperate enough to trust a woman who used the hot fusion method to apply extensions to my hair. It looked great at first, but the hair was incredibly heavy and would dry out in a matter of days. I had to continue to go back to the salon.Anyway, I had them removed after a month of wear and was DEVASTATED by the results. My hair was twice as thin as it was before the application! I wore clip ins to disguise the damage. It is now over a year later and what has really seemed to help was a layered cut. However, the under layers are still very broken, short and somewhat sparse. I do not have any bald spots and the outer layer of my hair covers most of the damage. However, when I touch it and put it backthere are areas that are somewhat seethrough and thin. I was wondering if my hair has a chance to recover. I am taking ultranourishair, a gnc multivitamin for women and hairtopia.



Breakage and hair extensions?

I think you are doing everything right and yes your hair will recover it will just take some more time. As it grows out it will look better and better. Keep getting it cut regularly because this will help it grow better. My friend did the same thing and hers eventually got back to normal, it took 2+ years though.



Breakage and hair extensions?

Oh good gracious...sounds like what happened to me only your's sounds worse :( It's been a year???? Don't worry, with TLC I'm sure your hair will recover. After my terrible extensions were out I stayed away from heat styling (blowdryers, hair straightener) and styling products (hairspray, etc). I left my hair as natural as possible. Some products I used were Nioxin (shampoo/conditioner), Pantene deep conditioner, and a miracle product called Ojon hair treatment/mask (google it...it works!). Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment